Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Coworkers DIY Succulent Garden

Last month my sweet co-worker who I call "Pumpkin Spice", "Starfish", or "Vanilla Bean" came to me asking what she should do for her grandmother's 90th birthday. I was stumped.. I was of no help, but then I came home and blogged about DIY Succulent Projects! I instantly messaged her and gave her the idea of buying vintage ceramic items at a thrift store, and making a succulent garden.. She said this project is perfect because she has a tons of her grandmas vintage glassware that her grandma didn't have room for anymore but she cared about them a lot.. They have been in the family, and she is really happy that they went to a home that would care for them. I told her how easy the project is. I gave her pebbles and shells we picked up on our recent beach trip, and told her where to pick up the succulents. She was happy to bring the glassware out of storage, and show her grandma what she created. Today was her birthday, and these photo's showed up in my inbox! I am very excited for "Starfish" and her 90 year old grandma. She gave a vintage item new life (literally)! I was also excited to inspire someone to make something sweet for someone they love.
Check out her photo tutorial, and I hope this project inspires you to bring new life to something sitting in storage!




2 comments :

  1. This is such a cute idea! My 89 year old grandma gave me a bunch of her old china when I moved into my own house, so this would be a perfect gift for her.

    Also wanted to say I just found your blog from a google search and I love it! I'm reading through all your past posts and getting lots of inspiration :)

    Tammy
    http://baranifarm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Tammy! I will have to check your blog out now! My goal with the blog is only to inspire people to do something special for people who deserve it. People don't show appreciation for the ones around them as much as they should. Anything we can do to make others happy, and to keep smiles on all of our faces.. That's my life goal. I am happy doing it. : )

      Delete